Perfect Recipe For the Holiday Season! I love making these as a quick appetizer for the holidays. This recipe from my AHealthierU app is a client fav during the winter.
Whether your looking for a flavor-packed side dish or a hearty dinner, these Sausage Stuffed Dates are sure to please everyone.
- 1/2 Italian sausage link
- 12 dates
- 3 tablespoons roasted almonds, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mild goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the sausage link for 15 minutes or so over medium heat, until it’s done. Let it cool, then slice the link in half lengthwise, then crosswise into 12 pieces.
- Combine the almonds and goat cheese in a small bowl. Separate into 12 portions and set aside.
- Partially slice the dates down the center to remove the pit, being careful not to cut them completely in half.
- Assemble: put 1 piece of sausage and 1 portion of the cheese mixture into each date, mounding the cheese, repeat for each date. Sprinkle the chopped parsley over all.
Makes 12 pieces.