Level up your brunch game with this tasty recipe!!
This Crab Cakes Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce recipe from my AHealthierU app are easy to assemble, yet sure to impress your guests.
Skip the customary English muffin and showcase just crisp crabcake, egg, and hollandaise.
Crab Cakes (Makes 4 Crab Cakes)
- 2 – 6 ounce cans of wild caught crab meat OR 12 ounces of fresh crab meat
- 2 tablespoons SOY FREE Vegenaise
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper Pinch of sea salt
- A few drops (or more to taste) of your favorite hot sauce (I used Tabasco)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, crumble in the drained crab meat (if using canned), check for any remaining pieces of shell, and break apart into small pieces.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
4. Make small “cakes” by using a ring mold or by simple forming them into small patties firmly with your fingers.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the tops start to turn a light golden brown.
6. While the crab cakes are cooking, sauté some spinach in coconut oil and set aside and make the Hollandaise Sauce.
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. In a double boiler or medium metal mixing bowl, gently whisk the egg yolks.
2. Continue whisking the yolks while adding the hot water, oil, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper to the bowl. Place the double boiler or metal bowl over boiling water (not IN the boiling water if using a bowl, just hold over the boiling water so the steam hits the bottom of the bowl) and whisk constantly until the sauce begins to thicken (about 30 seconds – 1 minute).
**Quick Hack: put your egg yolks, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp lemon juice in a blender. Turn on your blender, while continuously blending and add your melted butter in thirds.
1.Poach Some Eggs – Poach as many eggs as you have crab cakes
2. Assemble – On a plate start with a spoonful of the cooked spinach, top with a crab cake, top that with an egg, and spoon some of the sauce on top.