If you’re looking for a low carb, gluten free meal that’s super yummy, this is gonna be your jam!!
This easy, juicy, and flavorful low carb bacon meatball recipe from my app AHealthierU tastes delicious in a tomato sauce.
Throw it on top of some spaghetti squash for a delicious and healthy substitute for all kinds of pasta. (Plus, it never hurts to toss in extra vegetables every now and again)
- 1 package nitrate free bacon (Applegate is a good brand)
- 1-pound nitrate free ground sausage (Applegate good brand)
- 1-pound ground beef (grass-fed)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop bacon into two inch chunks. Chop fine in a food processor. It should be pulsed into the size of grains of rice.
- In a large bowl, combine ground bacon, sausage, beef, egg and spices really well with your hands.
- Shape meatballs into large ping-pong-sized balls.
- In a large frying pan (with no added oil), brown meatballs on all sides in batches of of 4-6 at a time (or however many your pan holds).
- Remove from pan and transfer to a foil or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- When all the meatballs have been browned and placed on the baking sheet, finish in the pre-heated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and garnish with basil