As it gets colder I find sometimes it can be hard to get in those healthy greens. This Strawberry Bacon Kale Salad from my app AHealthierU is a great go to for a quick meal or side.
It’s an easy salad can be made in under 5 minutes and piles on flavors and textures for a dinner-worthy creation that’s wonderful as a side or all on its own.
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 large avocado, chopped
- 1 slice bacon
- 2 tbs coconut cream
- 1/4 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
1. Combine kale, strawberries and avocado in a large salad bowl.
2. For the dressing, cook bacon until crisp in a small skillet over medium heat.
3. Drain the bacon on paper towels to remove excess grease, then crumble into small pieces
4. Combine the coconut cream, honey, vinegar, and salt to create the dressing
5. Toss the dressing and salad together before serving.