Delicious fresh vegetables topped with sweet scallops, salty bacon and finished with the tang of fresh lemon….
It’s a little bit of fancy with a huge amount of flavor and so super easy to cook up. You will go ga-ga over this healthy, cozy meal!
- 5 petite bay scallops, cleaned & rinsed
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt to taste
1. After cleaning the scallops, place on a dish towel, fold over the top and press down with care to ensure the scallops are not too wet
2. In a frying pan cook bacon on medium heat until crispy
3. Peel the zucchini into large strips (6-8 inches)
4. Pour 3/4 of the bacon fat/oil from the frying pan leaving a small amount to coat the pan
5. Toss the shredded zucchini into the pan and cook until the consistency of al dente pasta
6. Place the pan away from the heat and toss in the cooked bacon (can be crumbled or chopped), chopped green onion (just the white portion) and a touch of lemon juice, and stir.
7. Remove the noodles from pan and set aside (again, leaving some bacon fat to cook the scallops)
8. Cook the scallops on high until golden brown and cooked through
9. Top the noodles with the cooked scallops, and the remainder of the green onion and enjoy.