After making these secretly healthy chocolate chip cookies, they were seriously all I could think about!
The perfect chocolate chip cookie should be soft, chewy, and crispy, all at the same time, with just the right amount of chocolate chips.
This healthier chocolate chip cookie recipe definitely meets those standards, all while having less fat and sugar than traditional Toll House chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot starch * See notes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a large tray with parchment paper or prepare a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan over the stove, combine your coconut oil and syrup, and heat until melted. Whisk together until combined.
- Add the syrup/coconut oil mixture to the dry mixture, along with the vanilla extract and coconut milk, and mix very well. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Form 16 small balls with the cookie dough. Place each ball on the lined tray and press each one lightly, into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Recipe Credits To: https://thebigmansworld.com/healthy-chocolate-chip-cookies/