This Curry Quinoa Salad With Raisins is a colorful, flavorful and easy side dish that’s perfect alongside other veggies and any protein.
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain and full of good nutrition making this a fantastic healthy meal any time of day. The curry complements the raisins, making for both a sweet and savory dish.
Best part is it’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time, so perfect for meal prep or entertaining a crowd. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cups warm water
- 1/6 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 clove finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup bell pepper, cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced celery
- 2 minced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/8 cup toasted pine nuts
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the quinoa and allow to toast for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the warm water, raisins, and curry powder. Mix well, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover the pot.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid is all absorbed. Put into a bowl to cool.
- To the cooled quinoa add the rest of the ingredients, including the reserved 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Mix well and check the seasonings.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to blend the flavors.