Skip the takeout and make this Healthy Chicken Pad Thai recipe from my AHealthierU app instead!
It’s a filling and tasty dinner that’s still light and healthy. This gluten free pad thai recipe is a healthier version of a classic takeout dish.
The whole family will love this one.
- 1 large knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup full fat canned coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- 3 large zucchini squash
- 3 large yellow squash
- 3 large carrots
- 1.5 lb. steamed chicken breast
- chives, diced (for topping)
- handful of almonds, roughly chopped (for topping)
- fresh lime wedges
1. In a medium saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add ginger and sauté for a minute or two until the oil is fragrant and ginger is softened.
2. Add almond butter, fish sauce, coconut aminos, vinegar, oil, lime juice, and coconut milk and whisk until incorporated and smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. If the sauce is too thick, add more coconut milk; if it’s too thin, add more almond butter.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil–salt the water.
4. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the vegetables into wide “noodles”. Add them to the boiling water and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the “noodles” are tender.
5. Drain noodles and toss them with almond sauce that you’ve made.
6. Top with sliced chicken breast, chives, almonds, and fresh lime wedges and serve