If you’re pinched for time in the morning, this quick So-Cal Omelet recipe is the way to go. You can have it on the table in under 10 minutes, and it’s so simple that you’ll have it memorized after making it just once.
- 2 Omega-3 enriched eggs
- 1/2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of chopped spinach leaves
- 1/4 Tbs fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/2 small avocado
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs until they are foamy.
2. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat and add eggs.
3. Using a rubber spatula, tilt the pan and lift edges to allow uncooked eggs to make contact with hot surface of pan.
4. When eggs are almost set, place the spinach on one side, sprinkle with basil and pepper and fold in half. Reduce heat.
5. Cover and simmer for 1 minute. Slide onto plate and garnish with sliced avocado.