This simple Middle Eastern-inspired Chickpea Salad with Yogurt Dressing is a protein-packed salad that comes together in 10 minutes and tastes even better after refrigerating for a while.
It’s fully plant-based, gluten-free, and full of flavor.
And bonus….it’s fresh, light and filling, and can be served as a standalone dish or you could serve it as a side dish to your barbecue.
- 3-19 oz cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons white wine or champagne vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup plain low fat yogurt
Heat the chickpeas, then toss with the vegetables and cheese.
Mix the vinaigrette ingredients well, then toss with the chickpea mixture. Serve at room temperature or warmed a bit.