Summer time always makes me think about chicken wings!
I love myself a good chicken wing anytime of the year but summer is when this craving really ramps up. Maybe it’s the patio season, maybe it’s all the grilling but whatever the reason I’m here for it!
This gluten free chicken wings recipe is simple to make and is baked to perfection in an oven.
Serves 6: Prep time: 20 minutes + 30 minutes at least for marinating.
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 2.5 lbs chicken wings
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Garnish with sesame seeds and sliced green onions
1. Preheat oven to 425 F
2. In a large bowl, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
3. Add the chicken wings to the bowl of marinade and mix well until all the wings are coated. Let the wings marinate for at least 30 minutes but 1-2 hours is best.
4. Line a baking sheet with foil and place one wing at a time on the baking sheet, making sure to shake off any excess marinade and do not crowd the wings onto the sheet.
5. Bake for 35-40 minutes turning over half way through cooking time. Serve sprinkled with the sesame seeds and sliced green onions.
This recipe is from the Everyday Plaeo Cookbook by Sarah Fragoso