Say hello to your newest go-to summer staple, the best BBQ Chicken recipe! Barbecue chicken is totally classic but store bought sauces can be full of sugar and unnecessary carbs. This easy recipe from my AHealthierU app, utilizes a quick BBQ chicken marinade, that will yield perfectly tender, juicy, & flavorful BBQ chicken every time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds, toasted and crushed freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken. Mix well to produce marinade. Place the chicken in the bowl, coat thoroughly and marinate for 1-2 hours.
For grilling: Fire up the barbecue and grill the chicken on medium heat, turning constantly while basting with marinade until the breasts are cooked.
For broiling: Broil on medium heat, turning constantly while basting with the marinade until done.