Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook TIme: 10 minutes | Serves: 4
What you will need:
1 large mixing bowl
1 oven-safe skillet
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
½ medium onion, sliced thinly
1 zucchini, cut in half, length-wise, then cut thinly into half moons
3 cups of spinach, washed, stalks removed, patted dry and chopped roughly
¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley, rosemary, and thyme), chopped finely
½ teaspoon black pepper
8 eggs, broken and whisked with about 1 tablespoon water
1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Heat a medium-sized skillet on medium heat. Add the oil, heat, then lower the heat.
3. Add the onion and saute for a few minutes until translucent. Add the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach and allow to soften, then toss in the herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
4. Add in egg mixture and with a rubber spatula, go around the edge and allow some of the soft egg mixture to cook.
5. Place in the oven for about 5-7 minutes until set.
6. Cut into 4 pieces and serve with salad greens and some sliced avocado.
To make it a meal, enjoy with a cup of soup from the 10-Day Detox Diet recipes.