Yummy Italian Cod recipe coming your way!!
Seafood recipes are some of the most popular ones with my clients. With a little bit of planning, a delicious and nutritious meal is not only possible but easy to achieve.
With only 5 steps, this easy cod oreganata recipe has dinner on the table in no time at all.
Let me show you how quickly this Italian fish recipe comes together!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 35–40 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 head broccoli, cut up into small pieces
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 cod fillets, 6-ounce (or other white, flaky fish such as halibut or sole)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ¼ cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place vegetables in a large mixing bowl and drizzle 1 tablespoon oil to coat vegetables. Season with a dash of salt and pepper. Place veggies on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are lightly roasted.
3. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Place cod on baking sheet and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper, for taste.
4. In a small mixing bowl make the “oreganata.” Combine remaining salt, garlic, remaining olive oil, almond meal, lemon zest, and oregano. Tip: For most ease, use your fingers to spread mixture over the fish.
5. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of oreganate mixture over each fillet.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Fish is done when it flakes or the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
Tip : Put the veggies back in the oven for another 5 minutes if you prefer softer texture.
7. Sprinkle generous tablespoons of parsley over fish and vegetables. Serve 1 fillet with 1½ cups roasted vegetables.