My new favorite meal….these easy baked coconut chicken tenders are crispy and need just 5 ingredients!
You won’t believe this healthy paleo coconut chicken recipe is low carb and gluten-free. This dish is amazing as a main, with a simple salad as a side, but it also works just as well as a finger food, or appetizer.
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 splash of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Using a heavy object, like a rolling pin, hammer the chicken breast so that they flatten to an even thickness. Cut the chicken into long strips that are about 3/4 inch to an inch in width.
2. You will need three bowls; one for the coconut flour, one for the coconut milk and egg mixture (just beat the eggs and milk together) and one for the shredded coconut.
3. Take the hammered chicken strips and dip the chicken in the flour, then egg mixture then shredded coconut to coat
4. When finished, place the chicken strips on a large baking sheet, leaving some space between each strip and cook for 5-6 minutes each side, or until chicken has completely cooked through.
5. Serve with some paleo ketchup or homemade plum or chilli sauce and enjoy!