This Mediterranean Chopped Salad with Shrimp from my AHealthierU app is the ultimate, flavor-packed, loaded salad. Topped with pan-seared shrimp makes a healthy and delicious dinner that goes from kitchen to table in less than 30 minutes.
The combination of flavors is insane – trust me when I say it will be your new favorite meal-sized salad!
Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time 4-6 minutes | Serves: 4
- 1 large cucumber, sliced lengthwise on the diagonal, seeds removed
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup small red onion, finely diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
- 16 ounces shrimp
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces spinach or watercress
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
1. Prepare salad: toss all vegetables, olives, and avocado chunks in a medium-sized salad bowl. Set aside.
2. Prepare dressing: Mix all dressing ingredients except for oil in a small bowl. Stream in oil and whisk until combined. Season with black pepper for taste.
3. Heat a grill pan or a medium-sized skillet with 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil over medium-high heat.
4. Season shrimp with sea salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pan and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn opaque and pink.
5. Meanwhile, add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
6. Divide greens between 4 bowls. Place about 1 cup of chopped, dressed salad in each bowl. Top with grilled shrimp and garnish with parsley.