This crunchy, creamy chicken salad recipe turns these avocados into a protein-packed meal. It’s delicious and perfect for a healthy, filling and yummy lunch. Ready in just 15 mins!
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (or nut-butter of choice)
- 1 tablespoon of brown rice vinegar
- juice from 1 lime, plus zest from half of lime
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free, reduced sodium tamari
- dash of cayenne pepper (or more depending on desired degree of heat)
- 2 tablespoons of cilantro, plus more for garnish, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 10 ounces of mixed salad greens
- juice from a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, for taste
- 2 avocados
1. Blend the ingredients from tahini to cilantro until you have a liquid dressing.
2. Place the shredded chicken in a bowl, add dressing and toss to coat.
3. In a large salad bowl, place the lettuce, lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper for best taste, and mix so that lettuce is coated. Divide it among 4 plates.
4. Halve the avocados and remove their pits. Place about ½ cup of chicken salad in each avocado (carve a little avocado meat out if you need more room). Garnish with extra cilantro.
5. Serve over salad greens. Spoon leftover chicken onto the salad. Enjoy immediately or store in the refrigerator, covered, for no more than three days.