Here’s a dish that delivers big taste with minimal fuss. This low carb kabobs recipe & salad from my app AHealthierU, would be great as an appetizer or dinner. Couldn’t be any easier to prepare, and when it comes to delicious simple flavors, this one ranks high.
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. minced garlic, divided
- 1 ½ tsp. dried oregano, divided
- ¾ tsp. pink Himalayan salt, divided
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (4 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1½-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- ½ lb. grape tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into one inch pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into one inch pieces
1. Combine 2 Tbsp. lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. garlic, 1 tsp. oregano, ½ tsp. salt, and ½ tsp. pepper in a bowl.
2. Add chicken, and stir; marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, covered.
3. Remove chicken from bowl; discard marinade. Thread chicken, tomatoes peppers and onions onto skewers. Heat a grill pan over high heat.
4. Add skewers; cook 6 minutes or until done, turning often.
5. Combine remaining juice, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add parsley and tomatoes, toss to coat. Serve chicken on top of salad.