I have seen my patients lose weight faster than ever before using my intermittent fasting program and feel amazing while doing do so. Often it is the additional benefits that I hear from my clients that most excite me, and I wanted to share some of them with you.
Meet Dawn, she is an entrepreneur and as such needs to be always on her game. She came to me to lose weight but along with that she was also dealing with chronic acid reflux. In addition, she was feeling lethargic, experiencing a lack of energy and generally unhealthy.
I’ll let her tell you her story in her own words, click here to see her story.
Here are some key health benefits of intermittent fasting that go beyond just weight loss:
- Regulated blood sugar levels – due to increased insulin receptor sensitivity
- Decreased hunger and cravings – due to regulation of the appetite controlling hormones, leptin and ghrelin.
- Increased energy, less fatigue – due to improved energy efficiency at a cellular level.
- Improved memory, mental clarity and prevention of dementia – due to increase in BDNF (Brain Derived Neurotrophic Proteins).
- Increased sense of vitality, anti-aging benefits and prevention of cancer – due to cellular changes stimulating new healthy cellular growth and removal of damaged cells.
- Increase in metabolism and muscle growth – due to an increase in human growth hormone.
Stay tuned for more on intermittent fasting and how you can turn your body into a fat burning machine.