One of my favourites from the Intermittent Fasting Program I use with my clients.
Low Carb Meal (205 Calories, 2 Carbs)*
2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons plus1/4 cup
fresh lemon juice1
1/2 teaspoons fennel seeds, coarsely crushed
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
6 (4 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
1 large clove garlic1
teaspoon grated lemon zest
1. Whisk 1/3 cup of oil, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, fennel seeds, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a heavy-duty re-sealable plastic bag.
2. Add the chicken and seal the bag. Massage the marinade into the chicken.
3. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes and up to 1 day, turning the chicken occasionally. Meanwhile, blend the basil, garlic, lemon zest, remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a blender until smooth.
4. Gradually blend in the remaining 1/3 cup oil. Season the basil sauce, to taste, with more salt and pepper, if desired. Prepare the barbecue for medium-high heat or preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
5. Grill the chicken until just cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to plates. Drizzle the basil sauce over and serve.