In November I am giving away a 28 Gluten Free Mediterranean Intermittent Fasting Plan as my gift of health gift for the month. The program features daily tips, inspirational quotes and 28 days of Mediterranean recipes. The Mediterranean diet is well know to be a healthy diet, connect that with intermittent fasting and you have a fantastic combination for clean eating with some weight loss. Here is one of the many recipes included in this program. Enjoy!
Grilled Salmon with Shrimp
3 oz. of salmon
2 oz. of deveined, cleaned shrimp
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Sea salt to taste if desired
Freshly ground pepper to taste
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes (optional if you like spicy)
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1. Preheat charcoal or gas grill, or broiler, to high.
2. Cut salmon into 4 pieces of equal size and set aside.
3. Pour oil into a flat dish and add shrimp and salmon. Turn pieces over to coat on all sides. Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme, pepper flakes and lemon juice over everything. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature about 10 to 15 minutes.
4. When it’s ready to cook, remove seafood from marinade. Pour marinade into small saucepan.
If using a broiler, arrange salmon skin side up on a baking sheet. Place under broiler about 4 inches from source of heat. Leave broiler door partly open. Broil 1 1/2 minutes on one side and flip. Arrange shrimp around salmon and place under broiler. Cook for 2 additional minutes and flip the shrimp. Leave broiler door totally open. Continue cooking salmon and shrimp 1 more minute.
If using a charcoal or gas grill, place salmon pieces skin side down on grill and cook about 1 1/2 minutes. Turn salmon and place shrimp around salmon. Continue cooking 2 minutes, turning shrimp occasionally.
5. Transfer pieces to a heated platter. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve. Yields (5 oz.) of protein.
Nutritional analysis per serving, services 1: Calories 295, Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 136mg, Fiber 0g, Protein 28g, Carbohydrates 516g, Sodium 134mg
To learn about upcoming programs, offers, and strategies on resetting your mind and body for successful weight loss register join my interactive Private Facebook Group: Fastlane Mind Body Reset Mastery Group.