I love a good soup during the cold weather months! This delicious creamy rosemary tomato soup is one of my favourites. Super easy to make and vegan and gluten free this is a great go to for a healthy lunch or dinner. Full of herb and delicious flavors you can’t go wrong with this simple soup.
Ingredients: Serves 6
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. minced rosemary
- 2 tsp. minced thyme
- 3 (14.5 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. honey
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (15 oz.) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1. Warm the olive oil in a stockpot or Dutch oven over high heat and add the onions. Stir and reduce to medium after 1 minute. Let onions cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
2. Add the minced garlic and rosemary. Cook another minute, then add the tomatoes, honey, salt, pepper, 1 can chickpeas, and the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and let cool slightly. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. If an immersion blender is not available, work in batches to purée soup in blender and return to the pot.
4. Add the remaining can of chickpeas and stir to combine.
5. Serve with a side salad.