I love this little festive dessert recipe found in my client app AHealthierU!! It’s a great alternative to the typical heavier pies and desserts and such a treat. Try it out and make sure to share in the comments what you thought!
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 60 minutes | Serves: 6
- 1½ cups frozen berries, organic if possible
- ½ cup frozen cherries, organic if possible
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1¼ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup grape seed oil or coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix berries and cherries together in a bowl. Stir in arrowroot powder and then set aside.
3. In another bowl, mix the salt, cinnamon, and almond meal together. Stir in oil until it’s combined.
4. Place fruit mixture in the baking pan and place almond topping evenly over it.
5. Bake and cover it for 50 minutes. Bake with it uncovered for an additional 10 minutes, or until fruit is bubbling and crumble is crispy.