Nothing is better than a warm yummy soup in winter time. I love this Butternut squash soup recipe in my app AHealthierU as my go to for a quick lunch. It’s all about making healthy choices even easier with quick recipes you can meal prep with and use all week long.
- 2 medium butternut squash, about 3 pounds
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups good quality low sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut the squash in half and remove the seeds.
3. Place the cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until a knife or fork can be easily inserted.
4. Allow to cool, then remove the skin. Roughly chop the squash.
5. Heat the olive oil over medium heat, then cook the onions for 6 or 7 minutes.
6. Stir in the Italian seasoning. Add the squash and the rest of the ingredients, and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.