This low carb easy chicken curry uses no sugar or refined starches, making it friendly for those who are on the keto diet. This may be low in carbs, but it is full of protein as well as delicious flavor.
Approximately 248 calories and 7 carbs per serving.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder, or to taste
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves (1 to 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 cup yogurt
- Minced fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- When hot, add the onions, sprinkle with some salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle it with the remaining curry powder.
- Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken in one layer. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to a plate. Add the yogurt and stir constantly over medium-low heat until the mixture is nice and thick. (Be careful not to bring to a simmer or the yogurt will curdle.)
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for a couple more minutes, or until cooked through, turning once.
- Sprinkle with the toasted almonds, garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with a side of steamed vegetables, or a mixed greens salad.