Salmon is such a versatile fish! It’s so hearty, and full of protein, vitamin A, and omega fatty acids. When you prepare it with the right ingredients, you’ll have a hearty, healthy dish on your table in no time that your family will love!
Like with this simple marinade here, the salmon soaks up all of the amazing Asian flavors before it gets baked to flaky perfection.
- 12 oz salmon, skin on
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic or to taste
- 1/4 tsp. grated, fresh ginger or to taste
1. Heat a grill over medium-high heat.
2. While the grill is heating, lay the salmon skin side down on a cutting board and cut it crosswise into 2 equal pieces.
3. Whisk together the mustard, liquid aminos, olive oil, ginger and garlic in a small bowl.
4. Drizzle the marinade onto the salmon and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
5. Place the salmon skin side down on the hot grill; discard the marinade the fish was sitting in. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
6. Turn carefully with a spatula and grill for another 4 to 5 minutes. The salmon will be rare in the center, but don’t worry; it will keep cooking as it sits.
7. Transfer the fish to a plate, skin side down. Allow the fish to rest for 10 minutes.
8. Remove the skin and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.