Frittatas make for a marvelous light meal, especially during the summer! This Bacon, Asparagus, and Shallot Frittata recipe is one of my go to brunch meals.
The bacon adds just the right flavor to the crisp green vegetables, making this frittata appeal to even vegetable opposed eaters. It is a delicious, easy combination that is not only great for brunch but also makes a great option for lunch or a light dinner.
- 1 medium frying pan
- 1 removable tart pan that’s 9-inches, or an oven-safe pie plate
- 8 ounces organic uncured turkey bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped
- 8 large omega-3 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook the bacon over medium high heat until lightly browned, about 2-3 minutes. Add shallots and asparagus and cook another 2-3 minutes or until shallots are translucent. Turn off heat when finished.
3. Whisk eggs in a bowl. Slowly add bacon mixtureto eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture into a repared pie pan (lightly oil with coconut oil or grape seed oil).
5. Bake for 25-35 minutes until browned and cooked through. Let cool on a wire rack for about 14 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with paprika and garnish with avocado slices.
Nutritional analysis per serving (1 slice): calories 306, fat 20g, saturated fat 4g, cholesterol 423mg, fiber 4g, protein 27g, carbohydrate 7g, sodium 467mg