A seriously delicious dish that is included in my Free 7 Day Detox Program, click here to register!
4 turkey tenderloins (4-ounce)
sea salt and pepper, for taste
1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
4 scallions, finely chooped
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
½ teaspoon paprika (can substitute black pepper if no paprika)
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon chili powder
¼ cup raw cacao powder
1 cup tomato sauce
½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
8 cups spinach, washed
2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
½ avocado, sliced
1. Season turkey with salt and pepper.
2. Heat grape seed oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the turkey on one side for about 3–4 minutes.
Flip over and brown the other side for another 3–4 minutes.
3. Lower heat to medium. Remove turkey from heat and set aside on a plate.
4. Add the olive oil, garlic, and scallion and cook until aromatic—about 30 seconds.
5. Add salt, paprika, cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, and chili powder to the pan. Stir to combine.
6. Add cacao powder, tomato sauce, and broth and stir mixture to combine for about 30 seconds.
7. Return the turkey to the pan and immerse in sauce. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook, covered, until turkey is done, or the internal tempurature is 165 degrees.
8. Divide spinach onto 4 plates.
9. Place 1 tenderloin on spinach and spoon ½ cup of mole sauce on top. Garnish with cilantro and avocado slices.
Tip: Make sure to stir frequently to keep chocolate from adhering to pan.